Monday, February 12, 2007

Famous People with Tinnitus-Part 3




Dave Pirner - (Soul Asylum) (loud music)


Bob Mould - (alternative music icon)


Neve Campbell - loud dance clubs


Jeff Beck - band Yardbirds (loud music), From an interview with rock guitarist Jeff Beck: "Yes, it's in my left ear. It's excruciating... I mean, it's the worst thing 'cause it's not... It never... It does go away - it's not true to say that it doesn't but, uhh... It doesn't... The doctors say it won't... It isn't actually going away - you've just gotta suppress... They try to come to terms with what it actually... Why some people fear it - that's the psychology behind it. They know it's there but why is it such a horrible sound? Well, you can say why is a guy scratching at a window with his nails such a horrible sound - I couldn't put up with that! This is worse!" As Jeff told MTV - June 1993, He was asked to do a special guest spot with Guns 'n' Roses but had to cancel out. Jeff was going to play "Locomotive" with the band, but during the rehearsals, he used Slash's amp rig which aggravated his tinnitus forcing him to drop out of the gig.


Douglas J Noble - musician, guitar instructor, and music journalist out of Edinburgh, Scotland. From a Jeff Beck interview: "I've got tinnitus in my left ear...I mean it's permanent! Like just now..."


Mike Patton - T? lead singer for Faith No More; Wrote the Mr. Bungle's tune "Slowly Growing Deaf".


Burt Reynolds


Sting - (loud music)


Liberty Divito - (Billy Joel's drummer) (loud music)


Eric Clapton - (loud amplifiers)


Eric Johnson - has developed T (loud music/amps); source from Guitar Player Magazine interview: "I'd run two Marshall stacks onstage and crank the monitors. I started using Fender Deluxe Reverb amps and 50-watt Marshalls around '97, after I started having some problems with tinnitus. It was my own doing -- being irresponsible and thinking I was invincible...Yes, though it has been better lately. Take care and wear plugs. Don't think it can't happen to you. When I had a speaker reconed at the been here for years reconing shop in Austin the owner said, "I've reconed speakers for every guitarist in Austin for years and as far as I know there aren't any rock 'n roll lead guitarists here who don't have tinnitus to some degree or another. Many have it so bad they have trouble sleeping."


James Hetfield - Metallica rhythm guitar and uses Sonic II Ear plugs


Lars Ulrich - drummer for MetallicaVanilla Fudge - Tim Bogert (bassist): "Tinnitus, big time. That’s the price you pay for having a darn good time. Nothing’s free!"


Radiohead - lead singerMotorhead - Lemmy Kilminster (thrash-punk-metal pioneers): "We just like it loud, you know?"


Kevin Shields - guitarist/singer for My Bloody Valentine: "I did the damage to my ears listening to mixes in headphones at very loud levels without giving my ears time to recover."

No comments: