Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Famous People with Tinnitus-Part 4




Kevin Shields - guitarist/singer for My Bloody Valentine: "I did the damage to my ears listening to mixes in headphones at very loud levels without giving my ears time to recover." Blinda Butcher - bassist/singer for My Bloody Valentine: "I had a punctured ear drum which fortunately they were able to put right but for a while I couldn't hear out of one ear and it was very depressing. On stage we all wear hearing protection and encourage anyone who sees us regularly to do the same." George Martin? - retired from music due to hearing lossGeorge Harrison? - had hearing damage from loud musicThomas EdisonGraham Cole - UK actor and singer, suffers tinnitus and hearing loss Sylvester StalloneTed Nugent - Amboy Dukes guitarist: "My left ear is pretty much whacked. But I can still hear really good in my right ear. Early on, I would stick shell casings, which I always had handy, in my ear, to protect my right ear because that was the one that was facing the amp the most." Rick Emmett - Triumph guitarist, source from Guitar Player MagazineBono - U2 lead singer, he even sings about it in his lyrics. Bono derived his name from a hearing aid store in his hometown of Dublin, Ireland which had a sign that read 'Bonavox Hearing Aids'.The Edge - U2 guitar playerBen Bossi - Saxophone player for Romeo Void. From a VH1 interview: His ears had started ringing and he was losing his hearing when the band was in it's heyday. He quit playing the sax after the band broke up and hasn't played since. Peter Jennings Jerry Stiller - Frank Costanza on SeinfeldLorence HendersonHusker Du/Sugar - frontmanDwight D. EisenhowerMartin LutherPhil Collins - sources: newspapers/website. From Sky News: He will have to severely cut back on live performances "thanks to the buzzing in his ears." "Phil Collins recently declared an end to his concert touring because of the hearing loss he has suffered. The 51 year-old former Genesis drummer and vocalist announced that he will perform live only occasionally to avoid further hearing loss on his hearing damaged left ear." source from hear-it.orgCher - actress/singer, Cheryl Sarkisian LaPiere Morgan Fairchild - T? Actress; She was born a preemie who developed scarlet fever. She has so many kidney and ear infections as a child that she admits she is "partially deaf."Cheryl Tiegs - Super model Blixa Bargeld - (Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds / Einstuerzende Neubauten) Ozzy Ozborne Huey LewisTony FranklinAlan Shepard - (T and Meniere's Disease)Ira Flatow - National Public Radio - Host, Talk of the Nation: Science Friday"Some interesting and hopeful news for people, like myself, millions of us, who have a constant ringing in one or both of our ears... Researchers have figured out where in the brain that ringing- called tinnitus - originates." Click on the below link to view and listen to Ira Flatow's program on Tinnitus with guests: Dr. Alan Lockwood (Professor of Neurology, Nuclear Medicine, and Communicative Disorders and Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Research Physician, Veterans Administration Hospital, Buffalo, New York) and Dr. Richard Salvi (Professor of Communicative Disorders and Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York) Science Friday: Tinnitus Don ImusVincent Van Gogh - maybe why he cut off his earFrancisco de Goya (1746-1828) - Spanish artist that had tinnitus and hearing loss from a severe illness.

3 comments:

Sophie'smom said...

To whom it may concern:
I attended the very first support session in Colorado Springs, in 2005. It was a middle-aged man, and he held it at a school. I went to only one session.

I have screeching tinnitus in both ears, and would like to share what I've been doing to cope since I went to that group for help.

I have an Ipod that sits on a speaker near my bed. I fill it with ambient sounds; rain, ocean sounds, wind chimes, etc. I play it at night and it drowns out the tinnitus with more pleasant sounds. Most people use an Ipod with ear buds----however, you can go to www.myapplestore.com and buy a speaker that the Ipod plugs into---and there you have it!

I attended that one and only meeting because the gentleman who hosted it was a very sad individual. He had suffered for 18 years, at that point, and admitted that he wanted to organize a meeting in the hopes that one of us had come up with an idea to diffuse the noises. Well....as of 6 months ago, I have used this treatment and it works very well for tinnitus sufferers. Itunes has many ambient sounds you can buy, and there are nature tapes at www.amazon.com .

I wanted to share this info with you.

Regards,

Susan

dancilhoney said...

I had tinnitus for two years but after learning Tinnitus Miracle Review It also gives me a sense of well being. I am lending the book to my friend with tinnitus too.

kate said...

ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB I WAS CURED FROM A TERRIBLE TINNITUS.
. Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far. I really don’t know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping me get cured for over 20 year of suffering from a terrible tinnitus, my tinnitus started when i was 28 year i thought is going to end one day but even get worse as days went by,i have tried all western drugs prescribed by doctors but to no avail i lost total concentration, even at night i screams even more because the sounds become louder because everywhere is quiet. i came across DR WILLIAMS contact through a headline news on internet about how DR WILLIAMS have help so many people to get cured of tinnitus and so many other with similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which i take every morning for 28 days, and his medicine was able to restore my hearing back to normal and now am very okay without any side effects whatsoever If you have Tinnitus, you can contact him on his email address drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help