Monday, March 5, 2007

Tinnitus in Songs

Peter Framptom - based on lyrics to Show me the way - "I wonder how you're feeling....there's ringing in my ears....and no one to relate to...cept the sea (?)Who can I believe in?I feel so ....."Robert Plant - Stairway to Heaven - "You´re head is humming and it won´t go in case you don´t know..."Bob Dylan - Call Letter Blues - "My ears are ringing, ringing like empty shells... (2x) Well, it can't be no guitar player.Must be...convent bells"Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have - (Trent Reznor from the album Downward Spiral) "I still recall the taste of your tears. Echoing your voice just like the ringing in my ears."Nine Inch Nails - The Becoming - (Trent Reznor) "I can try to get away but I've strapped myself in. I can try to scratch away the sound in my ears. I can see it killing away all of my bad parts. I don't want to listen but it's all to clear. Hiding backwards inside of me I feel so unafraid. Annie, hold a little tighter I might just slip away. It wont give up. It wants me dead. Goddamn this noise inside my head [8x] "The Young Fresh Fellows / The Minus 5 - Little Bell - (from the album Because We Hate You / Let the War Against Music Begin) - an ode to tinnitus?Garbage - Push It - "This is the noise that keeps me awake, my head explodes and my body aches"U2 - Staring At The Sun - "...There's an insect in your ear, if you scratch it won't disappear, its gonna itch and burn and sting, you wanna see what the scratching brings...waves that leave me out of reach, breaking on your back like a beach, will we ever live in peace? as those that can't do, often have to preach, to the ones, staring at the sun..."Francis Rossi/Status Quo - from 1998 single Burning Bridges - "I can't escape this ringing in my ears..." Bob Seger - Turn the Page - "Later in the evening as you lie awake in bed, with the echo from the amplifiers ringing in your head." Blondie - Fan Mail - (written by James Destri from the album Plastic Letters) "Beat on my Fender through my Gemini II. Play to the posters on the wall in my room. Thought I was crazy when I thought about you. And the bells in my ears kept ringing, In my ears bells are ringing..." The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Hillbilly Hollywood - (Jim Photoglo, Vince Melamed) "I played some bars where you never wanna go. From Oklahoma City down to Tupelo. My ears would be ringing like an old fire bell when I'd lay me down in some cheap motel." Wilco - Heavy Metal Drummer - (Lyrics by Jeff Tweedy from the album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot) - "Classical music blasting masks the ringing in my ears." Mr. Bungle - Slowly Growing Deaf - Written by Faith No More lead singer Mike Patton - "To my ears the greatest sin, feel a bit like Beethoven... No one is listening, yet ears are ringing."

1 comment:

JESSICA said...

COMPLETE CURE TO TINNITUS: I had tinnitus in both ears for fifteen years with a high pitched two tone sound, the noises are constant and have learned to ignore the ringing. Later, another sound was added, a deep tone that has a sporadic rhythm, that mimics human speech. It varies from soft and muted, to painfully clear, and loud. Have try sound machines, ear plugs, my hearing aid, and medication all to no avail rather I have a difficult time sleeping. Lately I was directed to a Doctor called William on internet who provided solution to the problem. Do not be discourage, dr williams product is a permanent cure to Tinnitus. Contact him with this email (drwilliams098675@gmail.com)